Website United Parcel Service
Are you looking for Dockworker Job in Los Angeles? United Parcel Service is looking to hire a hard-working and efficient dock worker to load and unload cargo on and off vessels.
Want to make a career in United Parcel Service as a Dockworker. All the details (Job Description, Duties and Responsibilities, Required Experience/Skills, Education, Benefits, Why Should You Apply? and How to Apply?) of this job vacancy are given below
|Department||United Parcel Service|
UPS is committed to moving our world forward by delivering what matters. Beginning as a small messenger service started by enterprising teenagers and a $100 loan, UPS and its more than 500,000 UPSers around the globe are a transportation and logistics leader, offering innovative solutions to customers, big and small.
|Specialties||Logistics, Distribution, Freight, International Trade Management, Express Package Pickup, Delivery & Tracking Data, Small & Medium Business, and Healthcare|
United Parcel Service is seeking a Dockworker to join its Transportation team.
Dockworkers load and unload cargo and prepare docks for incoming ships. They moor and unmoor ships upon their arrival and departure and maintain accurate records of damaged or misplaced cargo. They follow loading and unloading plans and participate in all company training programs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Load and unload cargo using suitable material-handling equipment
- Inspect the unloaded cargo for any damages or irregularities
- Tally the unloaded cargo and input information onto spreadsheets
- Communicate with other Dock Workers to ensure safe loading and unloading
- Ensuring that the dock areas are clean and free of debris in order to prevent accidents and injuries.
- High school diploma or GED.
- A valid forklift license.
- Proven experience working as a dock worker.
- Excellent physical stamina.
- The ability to operate heavy machinery.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- Strong organizational skills.
Education for Dockworker Job in United Parcel Service
High school diploma or GED.
- Tuition assistance
Why Should You Apply?
- Top benefits
- Friendly Environment
- Wellness Program
How to Apply?
To Apply for Dockworker Job in United Parcel Service, click on the apply now button given below, then follow the instruction on the official website of United Parcel Service.
Note: Always Upload your updated resume only.
After applying successfully, you have to wait for 24 to 48 hours, if your form is selected then the recruitment team of United Parcel Service will contact you.
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs-ups.com.